KNI Newsletter November 2014
1: Word of the Month "Arigato (Thank you)"
2: November events:
3: November Goals
4: Songs of the Month
5: Thanks a million!
6: Book recommendations
Word of the Month "Arigato (Thank you)"
Our garden was ready for planting and the Sakura Class children took care of this task – they placed small tiny seeds in each hole that they poked with their fingers.
The children wished for the plants to come out well and cheered, "Daikon-san, come out fast!" We are all praying for a good harvest without any incident this year.
Thank you so much for everyone's help in gathering the kitchen waste for the compost. We are really happy to see that our garden is an important part of KNI children's life, and helping them grow.
Nov 12 (Wed), 13(Thu), 14(Fri)
November birthday party, Offering day
Sat Japanese School - Bible talk by Horiuchi sensei
Nov 21(Fri), 25(Tue), 26(Wed)
Nov 27(Thu), 28(Fri), 29(Sat)
KNI closed (Thanksgiving)
Dec 20(Sat) 9:00-12:00 Christmas Event
Part I: Christmas Service & Nativity Play by Sakura Class
Part II: Christmas Party Songs from each class and concert
Please save the date for this wonderful annual event and bring all your family and friends!
· Develop interest in the growth of Daikon seeds and take good care of them.
· Enjoy playing with nature outside – leaves, acorns, pine cones, etc.
· Learn about the Japanese Holidays in November such as Bunka no Hi (Culture Day), Shichi Go San (Seven-Five-Three Festival), Kinro Kansha no Hi (Labor Thanksgiving Day).
· Learn the origin of Thanksgiving
· Be grateful for people around us who do various work, and learn about what they do.
· Practice Nativity Play for the Christmas Event (Sakura)
Songs of the Month
… Donguri Kazoku (Acorn Family)
… Momiji (Red Leavs)
… Nandemo Taberu Ko (A Kid Who Eats Everything)
… Basu Gokko (Pretend Play Being on the Bus)
… Yama No Ongaku-ka (Musicians in the Mountain)
…Clarinet wo Kowashichatta (I Broke My Clarinet!), A song for the Nativity Play
… Kansha Sai no Uta (Thanksgiving Day Song)
The music sheets for these songs are available by the sign-in sheets. Please feel free to take a copy and enjoy the songs with your child(ren).
Thanks a million!
1. Sakura class made their annual Halloween visit to Keiro Nursing home on October 27th, 2014. They dressed up in Halloween costumes and traveled in a yellow school bus to get there. The children were able to channel some of their youthful and powerful energy to those at the home through their performance, which included singing songs, performing their newly-learned harmonica tunes, talking about their Halloween costumes, and shaking hands with each one of the attendees. We thank all those who helped to make our visit a success this year.
２.Thank you very much to those of you who came to our Halloween Open House. We appreciate all your effort in creating Halloween costumes or trick-or-treat bags with your child. It was a heart-warming moment.
３.Many thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Peregon and Mr. Kongo of Kiku class for repairing the sagging bookshelf. It was barely holding on and in great need of repair.
４. Thanks to Mr. Easton of Sakura class for repairing and painting our play gym. He has been extremely busy at work but still managed to find the time to complete the work. Now the children can play safely on the gym. Thank you.
５. Mrs. Tada, mother of an alumnus, stitched two beautiful windsocks for us. She made two windsocks about ten years ago, and actually had said at that time, “I will make new ones when these are no longer usable”. Although I remembered what she had said, I was pleasantly surprised that she actually remembered. My heart was filled with joy and appreciation upon receiving them and holding them in my hands. Kodomo No Ie is blessed to have so many people who support us long after their graduation.
The books listed below are recommended by the lead teacher from each class. Please check them out from our library to read to your child. Our library also has plenty of books for grown-ups as well.
E210・・・”Suki suki boshi” (Love hat)
E225・・・“Neko Gamu” (Cat gum)
C318・・・”Unchi shita no dare yo!” (Who pooped!)
C005・・・”Kuzu kago obake” (Trash monster)
A057・・・”Fusen neko” (Balloon cat
E229・・・“Buru-kun no kakurenbo” (Buru-kun’s hide-and-seek)
A55・・・” Kirei na hako” (Beautiful box)
D3・・・”Guri to Gura no Kururi kura”
D15・・・“Kuruma wa itsu”
C583・・・“Bamu to Kero no nichiyoubi” (Bum and Kero’s Sunday)
F88・・・”Kun Kun Oishisou” (Sniff, sniff, smells yummy)
C353・・・“Satsuma no oimo” (Satsuma sweet potato)
C156・・・”Nezumi-kun no chokki” (Mouse’s vest”
E307・・・“Goku no kutsushita” (Goku’s socks”
F132・・・”Hakkeyoi nokotta!” (Sumo)
C453・・・“Ringo ga zudohn”
C67・・・ “Oshiire no bouken” (Closet adventure)
B007・・・“Nandemo Poi” (Throw away anything)
C202・・・”Toki Doki yobo chusha” (Sometimes shots)
E130・・・“EE ha to aa ha”