Parents Association News
1: From new president of PTA
2: From T-shirt committee
3: From Scrip committee (gift card order)
4: Other notes
"The Beginning-of-the-year-All-Parents-Meeting with guest speaker"
was held on October 14th, Thursday
. All of the candidates for PTA board were elected, and officially started the board. We thank everybody who attended the meeting or turned in the proxy form, as well as the class mothers who collected the proxy forms. The guest speaker was Mrs. Tomoko Nakamura
, who lectured about "The effect of food on our children's future"
. The attendees had lots of questions to the speaker who spoke from the point of view as a mother who manage home and protect family.
From new president of PTA
My name is Kaeko Sherman
, the new president of the PTA. I have been a parent at KNI since 2 years ago. When I was unfamiliar with the school, and therefore was insecure in this school, my son was also anxious and did not leave my arms very well. But as soon as I started helping PTA, and therefore started understanding KNI better and felt more comfortable in the school, my son became much more independent. Children observe their parents very well. My confidence towards the school made my son confident in school. The period of time we are in KNI is not very long, but this is a very important beginning of their lives. I am looking forward to working with all of you to give our children a lot of happy memories. Thank you in advance for your help.
From T-shirt committee
Due: Saturday, November 6th
Delivery: Beginning of December
How to Order:
1. You can fill out the order form located at the sign-in table, and hand it to a T-shirt committee member in an envelope along with a check. Be sure to put down your child's name, class and phone number on the check.
2. You may e-mail your order to a T-shirt committee in your class, if you have reasons such as you are out of country, sick, or at work. Please keep a copy of your email until you receive your products.
3. Order via web (www.kodomonoie.us), and give a check to a T-shirt committee member in your class.
From Scrip committee (gift card order)
Order deadline: November 20, Saturday
Delivery: 1st week of December
How to Order:
Fill out the order form that has gone home in letter-clip, and put it in a designated box along with a check. Scrip gift card orders are great for Christmas gift
. The goal for this program is to raise 20% of the PTA's total fund ($1000). This is a very important program. We ask that everyone will participate in this program
. Please contribute even a small amount. We will post the names of 5 top contributors to this program in the next month's News letter. If you have any questions, please contact a committee member.
Michiko Hartzberg (818)790-2693, Karen Otamura (310)923-5424
- If you need a space in this section, please contact Michiko before 20th of every month
- Please go home after school in reasonable hours. Please try to leave by 4:00 for Kiku and Ume, 5:15 for Sakura
- If your children are going to play in school yard before or after school, please supervise your children all times, not to disturb teacher's work to prepare or clean up after class. Please remember to put away all the toys you used.
- Play at your own risk in school yard outside of school time.
- For Sakura class only, if you will drop off your child before 2:30, please supervise your child or pay for home class.
- Please do not park on Elm Street. There has been a dangerous situation because of obscured view due to parked cars.