Parents Association News
1: From the Christmas Committee
2: From the Omochitsuki (mochi-pounding festival) Committee
3: From the Scrip Committee
4: Did you know?
From the Christmas Committee
The Christmas Party on December 18
was a great success, despite the rain, thanks to everyone's cooperation and understanding. Thank you for turning in the handmade gifts and ornaments that decorated the Christmas trees. We'd also like to express our gratitude to those who donated goods or brought tea pots and other items for use at the party.
From the Omochitsuki (mochi-pounding festival) Committee
Our much-anticipated annual mochi festival
is coming this Sunday, January 9
. Thank you for all of you who have signed up for volunteering. We'll make it a fun and exciting event! The pounded rice cake will be brought to the serving table, where volunteers will divide it up into serving sizes. When queuing up to get mochi, please form one line for each volunteer rather than forming a single line.
1. During the event, we generally ask you not to let your children play in the school yard. If your children need to go in the yard, parental supervision is absolutely required.
2. No eating mochi in the school yard.
3. The school bathroom is available for your use in fair weather. In case of rain, please use the church hall bathroom.
The festival will be held at the church hall in case of rain.
From the Scrip Committee
Please note the following correction to the Top 5 Sellers reported in last month's Parents Association News.
Top 5 Sellers
1) Ms. Emi Conness (mom of Namika)
2) Ms. Kaeko Sherman (mom of Noa)
3) Ms. Saori Yue (mom of Chiyo and Masato)
4) Ms. Shirley Sieben (mom of Jeremy)
5) Ms. Ai Ito (mom of Sakuya)
We collect receipts from the Marukai Japanese food stores and Box Tops labels
Did you know?
Main sources of revenue for the Parents Association
: association dues, money raised by programs such as scrip (gift cards, Marukai receipts, Box Tops) and KidsArt, proceeds from sale of T-shirts and other goods, and deposits redeemed through bottle and can recycling.
Main expenses at the Parents Association
: medals given at Sports Day, kashiwa-mochi (sweet rice cake wrapped in oak leaves) for Children's Day, hina-arare rice crackers for Girls' Day