Parent Association News January 2014
1: From Christmas Program Committee
2: From Mochi Tsuki Committee
From Christmas Program Committee
The Christmas Program was successfully held on December 21(Sat). We had so much fun again this year watching the wonderful musical play by Sakura Class, and various songs performed by younger children. Newly donated Christmas trees with many hand-made ornaments looked gorgeous. Thank you very much to all the families who turned in the hand-made ornaments. Children were so happy to see them!
Once again our Christmas Program was a big success thanks to so many people - everyone who helped as volunteers, those who let us use items such as thermos, individuals and companies who donated Christmas trees, thermos, snacks and refreshments. We deeply appreciate your support.
From Mochi Tsuki Committee
Our annual Mochi-Tsuki (rice cake pounding event) is scheduled at 13:00 on Sunday, Jan 12!
We will give out Zenzai (sweet red bean soup) as well. Please enjoy.
Taiko drumming performance starts at 14:00.
Thank you very much to those who volunteered to help. Let's have our children experience this fun Japanese tradition together!
< Attention >
We will issue "Numbered Tickets" in order for everyone to equally enjoy the rice cakes (mochi).
At the check in table,
(1) Please receive One ticket per person. Remember your number.
(2) Please come to the designated serving table "with ticket" when your number is called. You will receive one plate of rice cakes per ticket.
(3) For additional servings, please make a single line at the "without ticket" serving table (The committee members will direct you).
As it has been in the past, you will receive 2 rice cakes at the "without Ticket" line. The "With Ticket" / "Without Ticket" line locations will change throughout the day. The committee members will assign the line locations depending on how crowded the lines are.
1. Children are not allowed to play at the KNI playground during Mochi-tsuki event. When your child enters the KNI playground area, you must be with your child at all times.
2. Eating rice cakes at the KNI playground is NOT allowed.
3. Restrooms - Please use the KNI restrooms. In case of a rainy day, please use the ones in the church hall.
4. The Mochitsuki event will be held rain or shine. In the event of rain, it will be held in the church hall.
Happy New Year, everyone!
This school year, we are planning two more fundraising events - please participate in them.
*January : Scrip (perfect for a gift for your local school teachers)
*March: T-shirt Sale (you will see various bright color selections)
May this year be happy and fruitful for everyone in 2014!