PTA News January 2015
1: From Christmas Program Committee
2: From Mochi Tsuki Committee
3: From Fundraising Committee
From Christmas Program Committee
The Christmas Pageant was held on Saturday, December 20th with huge success. You must have had a wonderful time watching the adorable musical put on by the Sakura Class and a variety of songs performed and instruments played by the younger children. The many handmade ornaments added to the very colorful and festive look of the Christmas tree. Thank you very much for taking the time to make those memorable ornaments during this busy holiday season. We are sure that your children were excited to receive them as gifts!
We would like to report that we received generous donations from the following parties:
- Coffee by Starbucks
- Gummy and Mame mix nuts by JFC
- Coffee beans by Jones Coffee Roasters, Pasadena
- Cookies by Claro's Italian Market
- Baked goods by the parents; Mrs. Yumiko Tayler (Renge class), Mrs. Kei Ogawa (Kiku class), Mrs. Mihoko Kawakami (Kiku class), Mrs. Nagisa Muratani (Sumire class), and Mrs. Naoko Okamoto (Ume class)
To all of the volunteers and those who donated items, thank you very much for making this year's Christmas Pageant memorable and a success. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you all.
From Mochi Tsuki Committee
Our annual Mochi-Tsuki (rice cake pounding) Event is scheduled on Sunday, January 11th from 1pm. We are happy to announce that we will be serving Ozenzai as well. We hope you will enjoy it.
Taiko Drumming performance will start at 2pm.
Thank you in advance to those signed up to volunteer for the event. We look forward to introducing another fun Japanese tradition and making the event successful!
We are going to issue "Numbered Tickets" in order for the many people to enjoy the mochi. When you arrive at the site, please follow the following instructions:
1. Receive a numbered ticket per person at the reception and confirm the number.
2. Pick up your plate at the mochi pickup table when your number is called.
We will serve one plate of mochi per ticket.
3. For additional servings, please make a single line at the "without tickets" table. You will receive 2 mochis at the "without ticket" line.
The number of volunteers who help customers with tickets and those without tickets may vary throughout the event.
1. Please understand that children are not allowed to play at the playground unattended. When your children enter the KNI playground area, you must be with them at all times.
2. It's prohibited to eat mochi in the playground area.
3. Restrooms - Please use the KNI's bathrooms. In case of rain, please use the ones in the church hall.
4. This event will be held rain or shine. In case of rain, mochi event will be held inside the Church hall.
From Fundraising Committee
Happy New Year! I look forward to providing you with much more fun "fundraising" opportunities this year. We are planning for Aspire (catalogue sale) and Scrip (gift card) and T-shirts sale one more time during this school year. Everybody's participation is greatly appreciated!