1: This month's goals
2: Let's sing! - Songs of this month
3: At the beginning of the Second semester
4: Much Thanks to...
Happy New Year!
We hope you had a nice and relaxing New Year's break with your loved ones.
We would like to express our gratitude to all of you who supported Kodomo no Ie at various occasions last year.
Once again, we reaffirm our commitment to do our best for the children, who always inspire us with their energy and joy!
We appreciate your continued support. Thank you.
This month's goals
- Enjoy and realize the importance of following the rules through playing New Year's traditional games (such as Karuta, Sugoroku, Fukuwarai, top spinning, kite flying)
- Feel the joy of making your own craft such as top, or kite, and feel the accomplishment
- Be familiar with letters and mails through pretend post office game.
- Feel the joy of growing vegetables through growing daikon in the field.
- Learn the sanitary habits especially important during winter months, such as washing hands, and gargling.
Let's sing! - Songs of this month
… Cha-cha-cha for snowman (Yukidaruma no cha cha cha)
… Goat's mail (Yagi-san no Yubin)
... Fly kite (Tako Tako Agare)
… Campfire (Takibi)
... Kids are kids of wind (Kodomo wa Kaze no Ko)
… Song of Mochi pounding (Mochi tsuki no uta), Bean throwing (Mame maki)
Please feel free to take a copy of sheet music placed on the sign-in table, and enjoy singing along with your child!
At the beginning of the Second semester
I hope that everyone had a wonderful winter break with your loved ones.
As we informed you via email at the end of the year, we have been considering reform measures regarding your concerns at our school.
Many of you hoped to create a safer environment. Of course, we KNI understand that our responsibility and duty is to provide children a safe place where they can grow and develop together.
We teachers experience our everyday life with the children, and share our feelings such as pain, sadness, joy, and delight with them. And that is how we do our best to educate our children. However, in order to better improve ourselves, we are planning to add another teacher as well. We hope to be able to supervise our children better in such places as the piano room and bathrooms.
As to the injuries and other incidents that occurred during the school hour, we have been informing you in the injury report form. Since it is difficult to tell you the details during the school hour, we will try to follow up with you afterwards. Please feel free to call us and find out whenever you have any questions or concerns.
In addition, when there is too much unresolved conflict between children, we will inform all the parents of the children involved so that with their families, we can lead the children to a better solution together.
If a child’s behavior doesn’t improve over time, we will discuss possible solutions with his or her parents, including taking a leave of absence from school.
We hope you understand that all of us, the teachers of KNI, with our new school policy, are determined to aim at creating a better place to raise our children.
Please do not hesitate to let me know directly, or through class mothers, your concerns or suggestions.
Much Thanks to...
- Despite of rain, our Christmas Celebration on December 18th was full of children's smiles. We recognize the effort of everybody who worked for this celebration, especially for Christmas Committee members. Thank you very much.
The offering that was made during this celebration sums up to the amount $628.70
. Your thoughts and generosity will support the church activities. Thank you very much.
- We also thank PTA and individuals for your generous gifts to our staff members.
- The gifts that Santa Clause brought are enough for every child in school. If you have missed the celebration, we have kept the gift. Please talk to one of staff members.