1: Goals for this month
2: Let’s sing – Songs of the Month –
3: The Sports Day
4: Enroll Now for the New School Year
5: Enroll Summer School Now
6: Many Thanks and Updates on Japan-Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fundraising Activity at KNI
Our mulberry trees in the schoolyard are full of yellow green buds
. We can feel the breath of new life. The bright and tiny leaves are so young and full of energy.
How was your spring break?
The third semester has begun. All of us at KNI will do our best to recognize how each and every child has grown over the year.
The bunnies are born again in the warm spring breeze. Surprise, surprise.
The mother rabbit is very strong.
Goals for this month
- Exercise outside in the nice spring breeze.
- Develop curiosity by observing how small animals grow, and how insects such as butterflies, ladybugs, and sow bugs move.
- Become excited about “Children’s day” by making Koi nobori (carp-shaped streamer).
- Learn to appreciate their mothers through making gifts for them for the “Mother’s Day.”
- Foster care for and give encouragement to the children who experienced the March 11th disaster in Japan.
Let’s sing – Songs of the Month –
… Ohana no Kuni no Kishapoppo (Choo Choo Train in the flower land)
… Ohana ga waratta (The flowers smiled)
... Kotori no uta (Little bird song)
… Jungle Gym no uta (Jungle Gym song)
... Buranko Kemushi (Swing Caterpillars)
… A-I-U-E-O no uta (A-I-U-E-O song)
… Koi nobori (Carp Streemer), Okaasan no uta (Mother song), Undokai no uta (Sports Day song)
The sheet music for all the songs are on the table by the attendance sheets. Please take a copy and enjoy them at home with the children.
The Sports Day
Date: Sunday, May 22nd 9:00 am ~ 1:30 pm
Location: Jefferson Middle School
1340 E. Live Oak Ave. San Gabriel
Please mark your calendar and come join us at the event.
Enroll Now for the New School Year
We are now enrolling the students for the new school year
and the enrollment policies are as follows:
1. From this coming new school year, children 2 years and 9 month old and up
are eligible for enrollment.
2. We start re-enrolling returning students and their siblings this month and new students in May
. Please re-enroll your child soon if you are planning to come back next school year.
3. Sakura Class (Oldest group in our preschool) starts at 2.30 pm
as the same as the current school year (2010) (Please talk to the Director if you are planning to enroll your child in this group.
4. Home Class
will be offered as before.
5. Saturday Japanese Classes
will be offered as in the past.
We hope to see many returning students in the new school year!
Enroll Summer School Now
We will offer Summer School
and details are as follows:
1. Summer School start on July 5th and ends on August 26th
2 Every Friday
, we offer Cooking Class
(5 Years and up)
3. KNI Annual Pretend Marketplace
are held on July 27th, 28th, and 29th
4. Aug. 12th is KNI Sleep Over Event
(5 through 12 yrs)
5. You can mix and match morning program only, afternoon program only and a full day program (morning program and afternoon program combined) from Monday through Thursday.
6. Please note that one unit is a half day twice a week
and you can enroll your child on unit basis.
In this way, you can choose the program and schedule that suits your family schedule and hope your child(ren) could participate in this fun-filled and exciting KNI Summer School program!
Many Thanks and Updates on Japan-Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fundraising Activity at KNI
So many individuals, organizations, and countries have been reaching out to the victims of the recent unimaginable earthquake and tsunami in Japan. KNI also wanted to contribute in the way we can and we have raised the fund by the sales of our children's artwork (products). The fact that children did work (making crafts) to raise money was far meaningful than their parents made a monetary contribution. We truly appreciate your understanding of the meaning of this fundraising activity and your contribution. This fundraising activity raised over $500
and Bang Zoom Entertainment matched this contribution. We would like to continue reaching out and we hope you will continue to support that effort. We truly thank you for your contribution and support.