KNI Newsletter September 2014
1: September Words of the Month:
2: September Schedule
3: Songs of the Month
4: Introduction of Teachers "Nice to meet you, everyone!"
5: Japanese School
6: Reminder and Favor
7: Goals of the month
Congratulations are in order to all, with a great start to this new school year!
September Words of the Month:
"Ohayou(Good morning)" "Konnichiwa(Hello)"
*About the Word of the Month:
Throughout the school year, we will select words/expressions that we would like to share with your children. Each word/expression is one that will increase your child's communication with peers and others around them. Every month, our staff will make an effort to have your child use these words in various situations. Please help us by doing so at home with them.
Sep 3 (Wed), 4 (Thu) & 5 (Fri)
Entrance Ceremony @Chapel
Sep 6 (Sat)
Japanese School starts.
Sep 17 (Wed), 18 (Thu), & 19 (Fri)
September birthdays celebration. Offering Day.
* Please make sure to have your children bring offering in their offering purse.
Sep 22 (Mon) Hiyoko no Kai starts.
Songs of the Month
-- Kirei na Budo (Beautiful grapes)
-- Ari-san no Ohanashi (Ant's chat)
-- Pom poko Tanuki (Pom poko Raccoon)
-- Hashiru no Daisuki (I love running)
-- Mushi no Koe (The chirping crickets)
-- Senro Wa Tsudukuyo (I've been working on the railroad)
*The sheet music for each song is available at the sign-in table. Please feel free to take one, and enjoy the song of the month with your whole family.
Introduction of Teachers "Nice to meet you, everyone!"
-- Hashiba sensei
-- Kanno sensei
-- Yamamoto sensei
-- Kanno sensei
-- Hashiba sensei
-- Umehata sensei (Encho sensei/Director)
-- Egou sensei
-- Ogino sensei
*KNI is a team-teaching school. The listed teachers are leading the class, but they are not the only teacher who is in-charge of the class. All teachers will spend time with children every day, and be a part of everyone's learning process.
We appreciate your understanding and support and look forward to a great school year as we anticipate watching your child learn and grow!
Class 1 ---- Ms. Ozeki
Class 2 ---- Ms. Umehata
(Class 1 and 2 are for Kindergarteners)
Class 3 for lower grades---- Ms. Yamada
Class 4 for middle grades---- Ms. Sakamoto
Class 5 for upper grades---- Ms. Ohta
Class 6 SAT/AP Preparation Course ---- Ms. Miyajima
Reminder and Favor
- The main gate to KNI must be handled only by adults. Children are not allowed to open and close it on their own.
- Please be punctual for the pick-up time. If you are running late, give us a call and we will watch your child(ren) in the Home Class until your arrival.
- We would appreciate your help cleaning up the outdoor toys when you leave KNI after school.
- You are expected to leave the KNI's playground by 4:30pm at the latest at which time a teacher will ring a bell.
- Follow the library rules and remember to return the books by their due dates. The book return box is located near the shoe rack by the attendance sheet.
Goals of the month
"KNI is fun!"
- Support the children's curiosity of small animals and help them attain a greater understanding of how to care for them.
- Discuss and observe the garden to help the children become more connected to nature and the changes that occur during the fall season
Nenshou - Junior class
- Help children feel comfortable with the teachers and the school environment at KNI so that they feel excited to return
- Allow children to acclimate to the routine at KNI and support them as they become better acquainted with KNI life.
Nenchu - Middle class
- Help the children to get acquainted with preschool life, and support them in order to feel safe to explore, play, and try a variety of activities at KNI
- Encourage them to follow KNI's routine independently
Nenchou - Senior class
- Remind the children of their role as the oldest students in the preschool, and encourage them to be independent and to cooperate with their teachers
- Help them get used to the new class and enjoy playing and interacting with new friends.