Parents' Association News: December
1: Million Dollar Project
2: Kids Art
3: From the T-shirt Committee
4: From the Christmas Committee
5: From the Scrip Committee
6: From the Recycle Committee
7: From the Omochitsuki Committee
8: From the Library Committee
9: From Accounting
10: From the Director
Million Dollar Project
1. Replace the wood frame around the sandbox with rubber frame.
2. Make a foot washing area near the entry to the school building.
There have been complaints from the church that the church property is very dirty with sand after the children from KNI use the church facility
. We hope to reduce the problem with these projects. We are planning to start and complete the construction during the winter recess.
Kids Art orders should be ready for delivery on the 2nd week of December
. We will announce the profit from this project next month. Thank you very much for your participation.
From the T-shirt Committee
Thank you for your orders. They should be ready for delivery early December
. We still have some items in stock. Please contact any T-shirt Committee member if you are interested at this time. The profit to the KNI Parents Association from this project was $170.00
From the Christmas Committee
Our Christmas party will be held on Saturday, December 20th
this year. Your handmade presents for your children must to be submitted by Friday, December 12th
. Please place them in the designated box at KNI. Thank you very much for signing up for the donation items for this event. Please hand-deliver your donation to any of the Christmas Committee members by 12/18
or bring them to the church hall
in the morning of the December 20th by 9:00 AM
From the Scrip Committee
Have you placed your order for gift cards? Those who have placed orders should see them in early December. The profit to the KNI Parents Association from the Scrip program was as follows: $285.73 (Ralphs), $64.04 (Albertson), $222.00 (Marukai), $45.02 (MitsuGarage)
. Once again, here's how to register online with Ralphs
: Go to www.ralphs.com
1. Go to "Service" and "School Program" at top
2. Click on community contribution on the left hand side
3. Click "Enroll" button under Participant
4. Click "Sign-up today" at right, and follow the instructions
5. Select preferred store
6. Enter e-mail address and password, and click "Confirm" button at bottom
7. Review the account information and click "Confirm" button at bottom
8. Click "Edit Community Program Contribution Information" at right
9. Enter card number and click "Save" button
10. Enter "kodomo" and search school, select Kodomo no ie, and click "Save" button
From the Recycle Committee
The total profit for November was $27.85
From the Omochitsuki Committee
This year's Omochitsuki (Mochi-pounding) event will be on Sunday, January 11, 2009
. We will need donations and volunteers for this event. Some father volunteers who can help set up the facility (tents, table, etc.) will be greatly appreciated
. For those who will make donations for this event, please place your items in the designated box in the school kitchen by December 20
From the Library Committee
No books and video tapes can be checked out during the winter break. We will close checkout on Saturday, December 13th
. Also, please make sure to return your checked-out items before the beginning of the winter recess.
Thank you for your payment of $16.00
(or more for those who have more than one student at KNI) Parents' Association fee for this school year. Our estimate total of the collection is $3,003.20
. However, the estimated expenditure for this school year is $5,500.00
, which means we expect a deficit.
We are working hard to fill this shortage by various committee activities listed above. We appreciate your continuing financial support for the Parents' Association. For your information, the top 5 expenditure items are (according to the last year's record):
1. Medals to be given to students at the Sports Day
2. Gifts to teachers and church officials for Christmas and the year-end
3. Kashiwa-mochi (traditional snack) to be served to students at"Children's Day" party
4. Omochitsuki (Mochi-pounding) event
5. Hina-Arare (traditional snack) to be served to students at "Girls' Day" party
If the situation allows at the end of the school year, we make donations to KNI. We appreciate all the hard work by every member of the committees, and every parent who participates in these programs.
From the Director
I sometimes notice children and parents eating foods (snacks or rice balls) on the school grounds after the morning classes. The school ground is a part of our educational space, not to be confused with some recreational place, such as park. Please refrain from eating or drinking (except for water) on the school grounds. It is also a courtesy to the children who attend our afternoon classes.
Thank you: Ms. Roth