1: Christmas Event Committee
2: Mochitsuki Event Committee
3: Donation Week 2
4: From Fundraising
Parents Association Board -- January 2016
Christmas Event Committee
The Christmas Pageant was held on Saturday, December 19th with huge success. You must have had a wonderful time watching the adorable musical put on by the Sakura Class and a variety of songs performed and instruments played by the younger children. The many handmade ornaments added to the very colorful and festive look of the Christmas tree. Thank you very much for taking the time to make those memorable ornaments during this busy holiday season. We are sure that your children were excited to receive them as gifts!
We would like to report that we received generous donations from the following parties:
- Coffee by Starbucks
- Gummy, Bontan Candies, and Rice Crackers (Yuki no Yado, Kabukiage) by JFC
- Lucky, White Heim Cookie by Wismettac Asian Foods (Nishimoto Bouseki)
- Rice crackers, Edamame crackers, Cookies by Trader Joe's
- Baked goods by the parents: Mrs. Liz Jackman (Momo class), Mrs. Yukino Yagane (Momo class), Mrs. Chiharu Hayashi (Momo class), Mrs. Rieko Takamatsu (Renge, Kiku, Sumire, Ume class), and Mrs. Nagisa Muratani (Sumire, Ume class)
To all of the volunteers and those who donated items, thank you very much for making this year's Christmas Pageant memorable and a success. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you all.
Mochitsuki Event Committee
Our annual Mochi-Tsuki (rice cake pounding) Event is scheduled on Sunday, January 10th from 1pm. We are happy to announce that we will be serving Ozenzai as well. We hope you will enjoy it.
Taiko Drumming performance will start at 2pm.
Thank you in advance to those signed up to volunteer for the event. We look forward to introducing another fun Japanese tradition and making the event successful!
We are going to issue "Numbered Tickets" in order for the many people to enjoy the mochi. When you arrive at the site, please follow the following instructions:
1. Receive a numbered ticket per person at the reception and confirm the number.
2. Pick up your plate at the mochi pickup table when your number is called.
We will serve one plate of mochi per ticket.
3. For additional servings, please make a single line at the "without tickets" table. You will receive 2 mochis at the "without ticket" line.
The number of volunteers who help customers with tickets and those without tickets may vary throughout the event.
1. Please understand that children are not allowed to play at the playground unattended. When your children enter the KNI playground area, you must be with them at all times.
2. It's prohibited to eat mochi in the playground area.
3. Restrooms - Please use the KNI's bathrooms. In case of rain, please use the ones in the Church hall.
4. This event will be held rain or shine. In case of rain, mochi event will be held inside the Church hall.
Donation Week 2
We are going to have another Donation Week from Friday, January 15th to Monday, January 25th. We are going to have mainly children's items again. If you have any brand new items or gentley used items such as clothes, shoes, toys, daily use items, books, please bring them. We also would like to have veggies and fruits that you are growing in your gardens. Thank you very much for your coorporation!
How was your winter break for everyone? Thank you very much for your cooperation last year. It's been 4 months since our new school year started. We would like to report you our earned profits from the beginning of the school year.
- T-Shirts $526.98
- Scrip $1313.77
- Aspire $392.85
- Recycle $176.60
- Marukai $481.00
- MitsuGarage $71.13
Total of $2962.33
Thank you very much for your support!
We are continuing our T-Shirts, Scrip, Aspire, and some other big Fund Raising for the remainder of the school year. We continue to ask you to support us by utlizing Recycle, Marukai Receipts, MitsuGarage, etc. We appreciate your continuous support.